Punks has been out roughly two and a half weeks, but it has begun to receive some very good, thoughtful reviews. They include
- a fine review, the very first official one, on the Poetry Foundation's Harriet site by David Woo;
- a starred review in Publishers Weekly;
- a selection as one of Entropy's (soon to be RIP) Best Poetry Books of the last two years;
- one of Hyperallergic's Favorite Poetry Books of 2021 picks, reviewed by Albert Mobilio;
- and a wonderful initial review by the incomparable Samuel R. Delany on Facebook.
If you had asked me back in January or June what I thought might be the response, I'd probably have said I'd be happy if it sold through the first printing. This isn't false modesty but my earnest acknowledgement of the (years') long and arduous process it took for this book to make it into print. As it also turns out, however, it is Small Press Distributor's BEST SELLER for the month of November! Many thanks to all of the publications, reviewers and readers so far!
Please consider purchasing a copy ($20), from The Song Cave (it ships internationally too) or other retailers, and do recommend it to others if you think they might be interested and ask your local bookstores and libraries to order copies if you can!
Thanks so much!