Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Holidays!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Christmas tree

Our holiday meal is C's production (and you can find some of the recipes, like Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans and Homemade Rolls in C's Holiday Kitchen, an e-book as well as an iPhone and iPad app), but I made a Chocolate Whiskey cake, based on a recipe I found in the New York Times

It is DELICIOUS, especially on the second day, after its flavors have settled. Here's the recipe. One bit of advice: spread the semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any kind of semi-sweet crushed chocolate) around in the batter; most of mine clustered at the center of the cake, so that was much thicker and more gooey the first night.

Chocolate whiskey cake

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and C are having a great day. I wish you could put a plate of food aside for me! All the best in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete