Thursday, November 01, 2007

Art: Whitfield Lovell

Several weeks ago I noted that artist Whitfield Lovell had received a 2007 John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur "Genius" Fellowship. But I didn't post any images of his art, so here, on the first day of November, are just a few images I culled from Artnet.com. Check out their online catalogue of his work for more. (My post on Lovell's partner Fred Wilson's presentation last spring at the university and so much else is here.) Enjoy!


You're My Thrill (Sculptures, Charcoal on wood, bombshell casings, 2004), DC Moore Gallery

Temptation (Mixed media, Charcoal on wood, found objects, 2000), DC Moore Gallery

Rice Barton: Three (Sculptures, Charcoal on painted wood panel, cabinet, enamel cups, audio speaker, rags, 2006), DC Moore Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment