Monday, July 30, 2018

Random Photos

Following up on my post of 2018 photos from mid-June, here are few more recent photos from the last few months. Enjoy!

14th Street & 8th Avenue, Manhattan
The view from New Directions's offices,
late spring, Manhattan
At the New Directions Book Expo
American annual party, Manhattan
At a neighborhood association meeting, to stop
a monstrosity from going up on our street
One of the endlessly rising towers,
downtown Jersey City
Waiting for a ride, Jersey City
Filming an ad, Jersey City
Outside Berl's Poetry Store, DUMBO, Brooklyn
Amid the prosperity, Jersey City
Empire State Building, Manhattan
Another closed store I used
to pop by, Manhattan
Praying, on busy 8th Avenue, Manhattan
Repairs, Exchange Place Station, Jersey City
Waiting for the 6, Upper East Side, Manhattan
Street poet, near Astor Place, West Village, Manhattan
Crossing 5th Avenue, West Village, Manhattan
Cyclists, 5th Avenue, West Village, Manhattan
A new high(er) end business,
8th Street (formerly "Shoe Row"),
West Village, Manhattan
8th Street, with empty storefronts, West Village
Another empty storefront, 8th Street, West Village
Bleecker & Christopher Sts., West Village
A can collector, in front of another empty
storefront, Christopher Street, West Village
Rows of empty storefronts, Christopher Street,
West Village
The beautiful letter press edition of my
poem "all music," by Daniela Del Mar
and letterpress-printed at her shop,
Letra Chueca Press in Portland,
as part of my visit to Reed College
and presentation to Samiya Bashir
and her students

Construction on what was formerly
NYU's Coles Athletic Center,
with the Silver Towers in the rear,
West Village, Manhattan
Mercer Street, with one of my favorite
used bookstores in Manhattan,
Mercer Street Books, which has managed
to hang on (please visit them if you're in town)

2 comments:

  1. Hola John! Congratulation on your recent award. My name is Daniela del Mar + I work with Samiya Bashir on the Poetry Salon Broadside project. Please permit me to submit a correction regarding the subtitle on the image of your broadside - It is my original design and letterpress printed at my small shop called Letra Chueca Press in Portland. This is how I make my living, so I hope you can understand the reasoning :) Thank you for the work that you do! Best, Daniela del Mar

    ReplyDelete