Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing with Sketchbook Pro

It's a busy week, so here are a few iPhone and iPad sketches, of a different sort than my usual portraits. I'm still learning how to use Sketchbook Pro for the iPad; it's almost identical to the iPhone version of Sketchbook, but the screen requires a slightly different kind of dexterity.  I've also figured out how to play with text on both formats. In the past, as some of my posted images show, I've had to improvise with my cursive and block print lettering. I'll post a few iPad portraits tomorrow.

iPad abstract drawing
"Heart" (iPad abstract drawing)
iPhone abstract drawing
"West Village" (iPad abstract drawing)
iPad abstract drawing
"Sunday" (iPad abstract drawing, after Fred Bendheim's work)
iPad abstract drawing
"Irene" (iPad abstract drawing)
iPhone art
"This is not a blank page" (iPhone conceptual drawing)
iPhone art
"The colors of America" (iPhone conceptual drawing)
iPhone illustration
"Plato's Theory of Art Made Simple: Part 1": iPhone illustration (I thought of these as I was trying to visualize simple drawings to illustrate aesthetic concepts and theories)
iPhone illustration
"Plato's Theory of Art Made Simple: Part 2": iPhone illustration (another in this series)
iPhone illustration
"Kant's Theory of Art Made Simple (but not really)": iPhone illustration (another in this series--do you think Kant would be turning over in his grave at the people depicted?)

No comments:

Post a Comment