Saturday, September 04, 2010

Recent iPhone Drawings

As I mentioned a month or so ago, I'd been trying out the iPad C'd gifted to me, and was enthralled with using the AnimatorHD software on it to create animations, but I've also used it to draw as well. I have not ceased drawing, especially life drawing, with my iPhone, however, and continue my subway portraits and outdoor sketches whenever I can.

One of the things I've been trying is different styles, colors, line thicknesses, to see what I can come up with. My very first drawings were pretty much all line, then I moved to full-color ones, and since this past spring I've moved into grayscale images, but one of the cool aspects of the digital pieces is that I can save them and rework them in different formats, so that my original black-and-white drawing of poet Bob Perelman from earlier this spring became a color portrait without being completely redone (though it did take some effort).

Below are a few of the many sketches I've done over the last month or so; I keep thinking that I may have to return to taking the El on days when I'm not so pressed for time in order to keep my practice up. Enjoy!

Man on PATH

Woman in subway station (iPhone sketch)

Man on PATH (iPhone sketch)

Man on PATH (iPhone sketch)

Man on PATH (iPhone sketch)

iPhone sketch, on the PATH

Man in Bryant Park (iPhone sketch)

Man on PATH (iPhone sketch)

Man on PATH (iPhone sketch)

Woman on PATH (iPhone sketch)

Empire State Bldg. (iPhone sketch)

On the WTC Path (iPhone drawing)

Man sleeping on PATH (iPhone sketch)

On the 33rd St. PATH train (iPhone drawing)

No comments:

Post a Comment