Monday, October 04, 2010

Mommy! Mommy! + More LA Photos

One of the things I love to do in any city I visit is walk around it, as much as possible, engaging in a bit of flanérie and observation, and so here are some photos from my traipsing around LA. I also caught the final event of the Mommy! Mommy! season (thanks, Tisa B!), which featured readings by Cara Benson and Kate Zambreno; a screening of a musical film piece in an invented Neanderthal language by Sean Griffin; and a performance from Chicago's own Jennifer Karmin's text-sound epic, Aaaaaaaaaaalice (Flim Forum Press, 2010). Below are some images and videos, as well as more LA photos. Enjoy!


A snippet of Jennifer Karmin and her co-performers

Sean Griffin's pre-screening comments
Griffin's 'Neandertal' musical film
An image from Griffin's 'Neanderthal' musical film

Tisa & Brian
Tisa Bryant and Brian Kim Stefans
The "Deneuve" (?) bathroom stall at Mommy! Mommy!
AID & ABET
"AID AND ABET"
"The chicken will taste like Lexus!!!"
"The chicken taste like Lexus!!!"
Little Tokyo mall
Little Tokyo outdoor mall
E. 2nd St., LA
E 2nd St., from Zip 8, a great little restaurant
In a café, @ night
Café dwellers, at night
Hype
Street art (I used this image in my talk)

Fellow passenger, Fred Willard
My fellow Chi-LA passenger, actor Fred Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment