Sunday, May 16, 2010

Music Keeps Me Sane

Another day, another day deep in a document mine. I did agree to participate in Jen Karmin's launch of her new book, Aaaaaaaaaaalice (Flim Forum Press) this evening, so I'm heading over to Cole's Bar (the event is free, 21 & older) for that and a bit of poetry fuel. If you're in or around Chicago, please do stop by!

In between reading, I've been alternating between listening to lots of great podcasts and watching lots of YouTube videos. (Remind me again why I pay for monthly cable TV service?) Here are a few I've been listening to over and over. Enjoy.

The Younger Lovers, "Sha-Boo-Lee"


Janelle Monáe, "Tightrope"


Yin Yang Rita Indiana, "El Blu de Ping Pong


Baden Powell, "Tristeza"


Dope Sagittarius, "Dope Sagittarius"


Anthony Hamilton, "The Point of It All" (Live)


Raheem DeVaughn (feat. Ludacris), "Bulletproof"


The More Assured, "All In Your Head"


Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, "White Corolla"


Lena Horne, "Love Me or Leave Me & The Eagle and Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment